Recently, the pharmacy windows have been actively expanding not only at the expense of drugs, but also thanks to various lotions, creams, shampoos and other cosmetics in elegant and seductive packages.
Manufacturers of such cosmetics do not get tired to emphasize that their products can be purchased only in pharmacies and nowhere else, what does this mean? Does this mean that it’s better than the one we used to buy in ordinary perfume stores?
Intuitively, I want to believe that such products do not just moisturize, nourish or cleanse the skin, but also treat, because it’s not for nothing that they are presented only in a pharmacy. Like it or not, let's understand.
The market of pharmaceutical cosmetics in our country began to develop relatively recently, about 10 years ago, but today an increasing number of brands are seeking to manufacture products specifically for pharmacies.
Typically, such products are much more expensive than similar mass-market products, however, what is the fundamental difference between face creams from a pharmacy and products from a regular store or supermarket?
Pharmacy brands are products that can be purchased exclusively at pharmacies, and then not everywhere and not always, there are not as many of them as manufacturers of mass-market cosmetics and, before entering the market, it undergoes a special series of studies and inspections.
Unlike other perfumes and cosmetics, such shampoos and creams are more stringent requirements, more similar to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Therapeutic and dermatological. This is the group that includes such well-known manufacturers as Uriage, Bioderma, Ducray Avene and others. Their main feature in the content of active substances that can penetrate deep under the layer of the epidermis and bend around the surface layers, which are an obstacle to the cosmetics of the mass market. These are usually medicinal preparations prescribed by a dermatologist if there are any skin problems, for example, severe rashes or dermatitis.
- Pharmaceutical. This group includes the following popular brands: Galenic, Vichy, Lierac, Avene and others. Cosmetics of this group can be found not only in pharmacies, but also in specialized cosmetology shops, it is not a medical one and a prescription is not required for its acquisition. Means of this group can improve the overall condition of the skin, as well as relieve it from minor troubles, mainly its action is aimed at slowing the aging process of the skin.
What are its advantages?
All this, of course, is good, but how is this cosmetics fundamentally different from any other and is there any point in spending extra money on it? As we have said, the requirements for it are put forward much stricter and more serious, before releasing it for sale, manufacturers test cosmetics with complex checks, which is why its cost increases.
In general, medical cosmetics are designed to deal with problems and treat various ailments of the skin or hair, and not to mask them, as is the case with mass market tools. It is, to a greater extent, designed for people with thin and extremely sensitive skin, prone to irritation, or affected by any diseases.
Nevertheless, it should be remembered that various pathologies of skin processes are, rather, an internal problem of the body, which is not easy to cope with exclusively by external means, no matter how good and high-quality they are.
This should be understood and taken into account that, probably, the treatment will require complex, and therefore pharmaceutical cosmetics can complement this process, and not completely replace it.
It should also be noted that the components that are sold in pharmacies often include components that are added to conventional cosmetics, such as hyaluric acid, thermal water, collagen, plant extracts, and others, as well as those that are more common in drugs, such as calcium gluconate or dexpanthenol.
In addition, the undoubted advantage of such cosmetics is the fact that it, as a rule, strictly limits the content of preservatives, fragrances and other auxiliary agents that are not very useful for our skin or hair.
Naturally, before you buy such cosmetics, it is better to consult with a cosmetic dermatologist who can recommend the most appropriate line in your case.
What do people say?
In the era of modern technology, almost every person who cares about the quality of purchased products tries to get acquainted in advance with the reviews and opinions of people who have already managed to try something similar on themselves.
Pharmaceutical cosmetics have recently become very popular and the passion for it continues to grow, but is everything as sweet as manufacturers describe? Unfortunately, the effect they promise does not always coincide with reality, which can be explained by different initial skin conditions, as well as the presence (or absence) of complex treatment.
It should also be remembered that the composition of any, even pharmaceutical cosmetics, must first be studied, because, unfortunately, everything is not always as good and high-quality as the manufacturers promise in beautiful advertising. Another point that is important to remember when buying pharmacies is its focus.
For people with different skin types, as well as with various diseases (which may have similar external manifestations), a completely different type of pharmacy cosmetics may be suitable.
The main advantages
Among the main advantages of pharmaceutical cosmetics are the following:
- High efficiency. Funds from the mass market have only a visible effect, without penetrating into the deep layers of the epidermis. Pharmacy cosmetics, which contain active active ingredients, allows you to really moisturize and nourish the skin, has a cumulative effect, which every day will appear more and more clearly.
- Reliability. All cosmetics, which you can purchase in pharmacies, undergo numerous studies and tests. This significantly reduces the likelihood of allergic reactions to it and other negative consequences.
- Composition. It includes only components that have proven their effectiveness. At the same time, the content of preservatives, fragrances and other substances that do not carry skin benefits is strictly limited. Such strict quality control will allow you not to be afraid of the fact that you are applying a means to your face or body, which contains questionable or frankly harmful components.
It should also be said that all pharmaceutical cosmetics have been repeatedly tested by dermatologists, cosmetologists and other specialists. This means that she is really able to deal with various problems and skin diseases. If we consider cosmetics from the mass market, then nobody will guarantee you effectiveness and quality in relation to it.
With us you will find the available medicines that you need, as well as a large assortment of pharmaceutical cosmetics, among which you will definitely find the right product for you.
What is pharmacy cosmetics
The modern development of science, the appeal to traditional medicine, has helped create a new direction at the interface of pharmacology and cosmetology - cosmeceutics, which is developing medical products. Pharmacy cosmetics - products whose action is aimed at solving dermatological and aesthetic problems. These drugs are:
- contain active natural ingredients,
- use the latest scientific developments
- safe - there are no dyes, perfumes, parabens,
- contribute to the rapid restoration of the skin, treatment, preventive care.
Pharmacy cosmetics has features. They are associated with high quality products, serious attitude of manufacturers to the products manufactured under brands, and therefore is sold through pharmacies. Medical cosmetics:
- solves the problems of the skin from the inside,
- has certificates - pass many laboratory tests,
- helps to reduce the dose of therapeutic drugs
- guarantees a long lasting effect
- different cleaning quality
- serves as a supplement to treatment or act independently.
Pharmaceutical companies engaged in the development of unique formulations for pharmaceutical cosmetics, produce products that:
- solves specific problems of the epidermis,
- simultaneously treats, eliminates defects and cares for the skin,
- It has a price that includes the cost of developing new formulas, clinical research,
- contain vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes that act at the cellular level.
Famous brands are trying to expand the line of products. They produce pharmaceutical cosmetics that satisfy any requirements. Leading companies produce the following types and forms of products:
- creams that solve a variety of tasks,
- hair preparations lines
- cosmetic nail care products,
- micellar water,
What is different from the usual
Owners of sensitive skin find it difficult to find cosmetic products even in specialized stores. Hypoallergenic pharmacy cosmetics has a serious therapeutic effect in diseases of the skin. Unlike conventional drugs, this product is:
- penetrates the deep layers of the epidermis,
- actively moisturizes the skin,
- contains ingredients that are used in the manufacture of medicines,
- does not cause allergic reactions.
Products of well-known brands are distinguished by the fact that all components of pharmaceutical products undergo high-quality preliminary cleaning. The effectiveness of drugs determines:
- lack of preservatives, parabens, fragrances,
- the guarantee of laboratory, clinical trials, confirmed by certificates,
- use of natural components and modern developments,
- the possibility of treatment, preventive care from the action of the sun, ultraviolet rays,
- ability to solve problems of early aging, fading,
- effectiveness in the treatment of acne, acne, rosacea.
Pharmaceutical companies produce drugs that meet the various needs of consumers. All pharmacy cosmetics are divided into three groups. The most affordable, which is cheap, but different in quality and safety, is mass-market products. These drugs, in addition to pharmacies, can be purchased in specialized stores of cosmetics, supermarkets. Popular products of domestic and foreign brands:
- Sally hansen
The second group is pharmacy cosmetics, which solve therapeutic, preventive tasks in the care of the body, face, hair. This product provides correction of the condition of the skin, guarantees high-quality, hypoallergenic care. Dermo cosmetics includes a line of cosmetics brands:
Pharmaceutical cosmetics. These tools are designed to solve problems at the cellular level, carry out medical correction of edema, stretch marks, skin aging. This includes professional salon products, luxury brands for intensive correction, characterized by high cost. This group is represented by such selective brands:
Rating of pharmaceutical cosmetics
Global brands are fighting for the championship, developing new products, expanding the popular series. Leading sales are French pharmacists. The top three include brands:
- Vichy - produces more than half of all anti-aging products. The basis of the drugs - thermal water. Products helps to fight cellulite, problem skin.
- La Roche-Posay - contains natural antioxidants, produces products for sensitive epidermis.
- Lierac - manufactures products based on herbal ingredients, has high quality requirements.
The top brands involved in the production of therapeutic cosmetic products include French, Israeli, German, Swiss pharmaceutical companies. Their products are distinguished by their natural composition, hypoallergenic, and a wide range of tasks. Brand brands:
The French company "Vichy" produces pharmacy cosmetics based on unique thermal water. Dermatologists have developed several medical cosmeceutical lines. Among the products of the company:
- VICHY Idealia.
- Price - 1800 p.
- Characteristics: day cream for normal skin based on extracts of blueberries, black tea, recommended from 20 years, volume - 50 ml.
- Pros: aligns the texture, tone, improves complexion.
- Cons: for the healing effect you need a few jars of cream.
For complex facial skin care, the company offers quality products. The cosmetic set of women should include cleanser:
- Purete Thermale.
- Price - 1060 p.
- Characteristics: cleansing gel based on thermal water soothes, moisturizes the epidermis, cleans dust, sebum, dirt, the volume of the bottle - 200 ml.
- Pros: suitable for any skin, has a gentle effect, softens water.
- Cons: not all cosmetics can be washed off.